5 best wellness retreats in Byron Bay
The ultimate guide to getting healthy, happy and wise in Australia’s hottest healing destination.
With the onset of spring, it’s only natural to emerge from winter’s hibernation (and all those lovely red wines by the fire) and look for opportunities to re-balance, reboot and rejuvenate yourself physically and spiritually.
GAIA RETREAT & SPA
‘Spa Retreat Special’
Co-owned by Olivia Newton-John, this multi award-winning retreat (named World’s Leading Retreat in 2016) is loved by devoted fans and celebrities for its serene Byron hinterland setting, iconic day spa with its 14 treatment rooms and small army of therapists, and the spa cuisine menu made from organic, locally sourced produce. PLUS guests are treated to complimentary airport transfers by yours truly, Byron Bay Luxury Transfers.
- 3 nights accommodation
- All gourmet meals and snacks
- 30 minute wellness consultation
- $300 spa voucher per room/suite to spend at the Gaia Day Spa
- Spa gift pack on arrival
- Daily 90-minute morning yoga
- Daily retreat activities
- Full use of all facilities
- Return complimentary Airport Transfers from Ballina.
RATES: From $1995 for single
BOOK at gaiaretreat.com.au
BYRON WELLBEING RETREATS
‘Yoga and Detox Retreat’
Cleanse, detoxify and rejuvenate your body, mind and soul this spring. The cleanse and care protocol begins with organic cold pressed juices, green smoothies and alkalising soups complemented by yoga, meditation, massage, colonic hydrotherapy and infrared saunas.
- 3 nights luxury accommodation
- Naturopathic consultation (includes iridology)
- Daily yoga & meditation
- 1 massage (remedial or deep tissue)
- 1 body polish & mini facial
- 1 infrared sauna session
- 1 colonic hydrotherapy session
- Educational health talks
WHEN: October 6th-9th
COST: $1149 for twin share, per person
BOOK at byronwellbeing.com
THE BYRON AT BYRON
‘Ladies Surf Getaways’
Grab your girls and head to the beaches of Australia’s most-easterly point to find your feet in the surf while pampering yourself at this retreat led by Byron locals Jenny Boggis and Serena Adams, two of Australia’s most experienced female surf coaches.
In between surf lessons, you get to soak up the beauty of the Byron at Byron Resort & Spa, enjoying massage, all meals and daily yoga.
- 5 nights in a Byron at Byron Resort standard suite
- All meals from the resort’s renowned restaurant
- 4 deluxe surf coaching sessions including transport, equipment,
surf-specific warmup and stretching, personalised coaching & equipment tips, videoing and footage review/analysis
- Surf Getaways welcome drinks & gifts
- 4 private group yoga sessions
- 1 hr relaxation or remedial massage
- Private group Cape Byron Headland and Lighthouse walking tour
- Bike hire
WHEN: October 22nd-27th
TO BOOK email [email protected]
BYRON BAY DETOX RETREATS
‘Spring Group Retreat’
Do you lack energy, have digestive and sleep issues, or suffer from hormonal imbalances? Perhaps you just feel you’ve lost your connection to self? At this renowned Detox Retreat set on the Tallow Beachfront, you will rid your body of toxins by fasting under the professional supervision of naturopaths and healers, with a diet of juices, mineral broths, herbal teas and ionised water.
Colonic hydrotherapy is optional, and is used to clear out years of debris blockages in your digestive system, as are the organic skin treatments on offer. Enjoy daily yoga and meditation classes, and be rewarded at the end of your fast with a raw food prep class and delicious organic cuisine.
- 6 nights accommodation
- Juice fasting, pre- and post- cleanse programs facilitated by qualified health professionals
- Naturopathic consultation
- Herbal medicine & supplements to support detoxification
- 2 colonic hydrotherapy treatments
- Parasite & heavy metal cleanses
- Daily yoga, meditation and infrared saunas
- Purification rituals
- Detoxification and nutrition education
- Sound healing
- Raw food prep class
- Post-detox organic spa cuisine food
BOOK at byronbaydetoxretreats.com.au
ELEMENTS OF BYRON
Luxe resort and winner of 2016 Best Hotel Interior Design, the five-star Elements of Byron, is the stunning setting for what’s being billed as ‘Australia’s most inclusive, accessible and luxurious retreat’. Auckland-based adventurous souls and yoga practitioners, Nick and Danica of Bikes and Bends, have collaborated with the team at Elements to curate an experience of happiness and wellbeing moments promising to restore and rebalance the weariest of urban-dwellers.
- 4 nights luxe accommodation
- 1 hour massage
- Daily nutritious breakfast
- 2 group dinners
- Beachfront yoga each day
- Daily meditation session
- 2 Happiness workshops
- Visit Crystal Castle
- Plenty of free personal time
WHEN: November 1st-5th
COST: $1495 twin share
BOOK at bikesandbends.com
Don’t forget, once you’ve chosen your wellness retreat, contact Byron Bay Luxury Transfers to book your airport transfers and make the experience seamless and stress-free from the moment you step off the plane.